Genesis Church Celebrate Recovery our TWO YEAR ANNIVERSARY!! Contact Rick Jones at email@example.com with any questions.
This Friday will be a time for special celebration for many reasons. Let me name a few:
- Two years ago we began Celebrate Recovery at Genesis Church (then FWC). It's our anniversary!
- But it's more than an anniversary... It's been two years of being able for us all to work on ourselves and others and experience the healing power of our Lord Jesus Christ at work. Any other anniversary is a celebration of time... Our is a celebration of God's great work among us and in us.
- Our own Heather is giving her testimony. Let me tell you... her story is wonderful testimony of God's great love and hand of deliverance. Heather...we are praying for you!
- A special annual CR Tradition ( more on that on Friday)
- Our Outreach Pastor Matt Payne will also be with us (just back from India) to celebrate this time with us in communion.
- Music and special music
- During Coffee Connection, a special CR cake made by our own Tracie C.
As I consider the origins of CR at Genesis, I remember well the days that I heard God tell me to start a CR in McKinney. And I also remember my reply to God... "But God, we don't even go to church in McKinney!" ( I had a few other responses too... no time, not ready etc. :) ) His response... don't worry, I got that covered. And then he led us to this church in an undeniable way. Once we arrived, we found that the Pastor that had been praying for years... since he first arrived at the church when he heard God say: "Put Psalms 107:20 up over the door." His response... "OK God, but what is Psalm 107:20?" And here it is...
"He sent forth His word and healed them; He rescued them from the grave." Psalm 107:20
God had been setting this up for years, and planning on using each one of us that are willing to use the difficulties of our pasts to bring Glory to His name. How great is that? So this Friday we celebrate the gift that God has given us for the last two years through testimony and a special first hour, followed by small groups during the second hour.
Whether you have been in CR for many or a few years, months or just weeks.... the will be a special evening that you do not want to miss. It is our second of an annual tradition at CR here at Genesis, because it is a moment that prepares us for the coming Christmas Holidays. This is especially an important time for all of those that have graduated from a Step Study because it will help you ensure that you can release any old baggage that has tried to find its way back into your life. Bottom line... if there was ever a CR to attend... this is a night not to miss!